Thursday, December 19, 2013

I'm terrible at Christmas Baking-Fail #2

I failed on 2 fronts last night. #1-I peeled off my gel nails because 2 of them were chipped and coming off anyway. If you have never done this, it is really hard on your nails. Oops!! Mine are torn up!  I painted them last night to help keep them from breaking before I go on Monday to have them done again.  This is why you let them soak off!


Fail #2-Cake balls.  My friend's mom makes amazing red velvet cake.  So, she made the cake and then we mixed it with icing.  After, you put them in the freezer for a little bit and dip them in almond bark.  Simple enough, right?  Especially since I had someone else do the hard part!  Well, let's just say that we had some trouble with the dipping part.  It could have been the wine, but I don't think so.  We had one turn out perfect.  The others started to fall apart in the almond bark.  I think we made some too big.  Then the almond bark started to setup, so we added some rum to thin it. (Seemed like a good idea at the time!)  This did not thin it, instead it made the almond bark into a mashed potato consistency.  We went with it.  Sprinkles fix everything right?!?!  The most important part is that they taste great!  So on that part we did NOT fail.  They are delicious, but definitely not pretty!


I also ran outside yesterday.  It was awesome out.  50 degrees and sunny.  I ran with my neighbor so we chatted the whole way.  I ended up running a little over 3.5 miles.  Post run picture is how I felt right after I finished because I pushed hard up the hill to my apartment complex.  A few minutes later, I was smiling and happy I went and ran. 


How do you make cakeballs and make them actually look pretty?  I'm sure I just wasn't patient enough!

Have you gotten your holiday manicure yet?  Or done your own? 


No comments:

Post a Comment