I was accepted as a Girls on the Run assistant coach.
Girls on the Run is a program for girls in 3rd through 5th grade. We spend 2 days each week after school training for a 5K, but more importantly working with the girls to follow the core values.
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
I was also picked as a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador. Girls Gone Sporty was founded by a husband and wife team, Laura and Lance Williams. It is "an online editorial magazine and a social community for women dedicated to living and leading sporty lives. In addition to providing cutting-edge content, we’re committed to creating a support system for women who are striving to be their best selves." I'm so excited to be an Ambassador!!
Do you have any great news of your own to share?
Linking up with Spoons for Thinking Out Loud...check out what others are thinking this Thursday here.