Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  Did everyone have a good weekend?  We had an awesome and relaxing weekend!!  We started it off with a relaxing party at my friends house.  We did a beer tasting, grilled up some delicious food, and rounded out the night with shots of root beer and rumchata.  If you haven't tried it, it tastes just like a root beer float!!  So tasty!!


Around midnight, I knew it was time to head home.  I wanted to get in 6 miles on Saturday morning, but we over slept and didn't get to the trail until 10:30am.  It was already 85 degrees with 60% humidity when we started.  Dehydration, some rolling hills and the heat index all added up to a miserable 4.5 mile run.  Oh well, I was happy to be done.  Like I have said before, I have never finished a run and been sad that I did it!

Charity Miles

After the run, we did a little yard work and ran a few errands.  As a reward for a productive day, I made us cocktails.  Muddled lime, raspberries and mint mixed with vodka and Sprite Zero-refreshing, tart, and delicious!!!  Happy hour at home. :)

I worked on invitations with my furry helper.  Only 2 months to the wedding!!  Invites in the mail today!


Bobby grilled steaks for dinner and I made squash, mashed potatoes and delicious mushrooms.  I sauteed the mushrooms in a little butter and then added beef broth and wine and let them simmer.  So amazing!!  It ended up being a great date night at home!


Sunday called for some church and family time followed by the driving range.  Some day I will learn how to play this game!  Until then, I will keep trying. :)  Don't mind all of the sweat-it's HOT here in the Midwest.


What is one highlight from your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment