Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs

Tuesday was a busy day. After work, I headed to Girls on the Run practice.


It was our first practice so we met all of the girls and spent most of the hour and a half getting to know each other. These girls are so great!! So much energy and enthusiasm. They were genuinely disappointed that we didn't run much this practice. We promised that we would get to it during our next practice! 

I squeezed in a 3 mile run after practice. It was too nice outside to resist!! After my quick run, I headed home to make dinner. I love spaghetti squash and I am so happy it is back in season!!

I started with onion, bell pepper, and herbs from my garden. Sautéed in a pan with some garlic infused olive oil. 


I cook spaghetti squash in the microwave. It's so easy. Pierce it all over and throw it in the microwave for 10 minutes or until fully cooked (soft all over). I usually rotate mine half way so that it doesn't sit on one side the whole time. Then I cut it in half and remove the seeds. Shred and set aside. 


I added some jar spaghetti sauce because it's easy and I'm lazy!


And some meatballs that I bought at the store in the frozen section. I used regular Italian meatballs, but you could substitute turkey meatballs to make it even healthier!!

Anyways, throw all together and top with a little Parmesan. Easy, peasy week night dinner!!

It was delicious and really filling!!

Do you have a good spaghetti squash recipe?? Please share!! :)

Just for fun, I'll leave you with this:


2 comments:

  1. My hubby is a big fan of spaghetti squash (he likes to cook it in the microwave, too, rather than roasting it in the oven). I don't have any good recipes to share; we just change up the sauce we put on top...we have a million different meat sauce recipes, ranging from 3-hour Sunday bologneses to quick 30 minute spaghetti sauces...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti squash! My favorite way of making it is with chicken and alfredo sauce. Sometimes I'll add buffalo sauce to the chicken. I found tons of different recipe ideas on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete