Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Frozen

Frozen-I'm not talking about the frozen weather that is across the country. I saw on the news that the "high" today in Chicago is -2!!! That's insane and makes me not want to complain about our weather with highs in the teens.

I'm talking about the movie Frozen. I went with my future SIL (sister in law) and another friend last night. I know I am way behind on seeing it, but it is ADORABLE!! I loved it. The reindeer, Sven, reminded me of my pup. Big and slightly dumb with a great heart.

Sven-adorable reindeer in the movie

Porter-adorable puppy in our home

I also made some skinny chicken pot pie soup last night in the crockpot.  It ended up being delicious.  Bobby made some Pillsbury biscuits to eat with the soup.  It was super easy.  I sauted 3/4 lb of chicken with half of a large onion.  Then I dumped it in a crock pot with 4 cups of skim milk, 1 cup of chicken broth mixed with 1/4 cup of flour in a slurry, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 bag of mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn, green beans), 1 peeled russet potato, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic, and some crushed red pepper for a kick.  Then I cooked it on low for 8 hours.  You can make 4 large bowls out of it for right at 200 calories per serving!  Perfect for the frozen days!


What's the best movie you have seen lately?

How are you keeping warm right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment