Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Juan-uary is almost over

Happy Hump Day! I hope everyone is surving this cold, cold week! January is almost over and as the Bachelor has cleverly coined it...so is Juan-uary. My friends finally convinced me (badgered me) to check out this season of the Bachelor. I will admit that Juan Pablo is very handsome, so that helped with the convincing!


I must confess that I was a die hard Bachelor fan about 7 years ago. I quit watching when this guy (also super hot) didn't pick ANYONE!!!

Anyway, I digress.  I poured myself a small glass of wine and settled in for the HOURS of catching up.  I don't know why the episode needs to be 2 hours each time, but at least you can fast forward through the rose ceremony if you're short on time.  I skipped the meet everyone night because it is too many people for me.  There is a local Kansas City girl on the show and she is super cute.  I hope she makes it far. 


In between Bachelor episodes, I managed to cook dinner.  Meatloaf, potatoes and salad.  It was delicious!  Bobby worked late which is how I was able to sqeeze in 2 episodes of Juan Pablo!!  The hour meatloaf takes to cook was no biggie since he wasn't getting home until close to 8pm.



After dinner, I still had wine left.  I guess pouring half of a bottle of wine in one glass makes the glass last a long time!  We watched some tv and snuggled on the couch.  Then it was time for dessert.  If you haven't tried Trader Joe's Cookie Butter, you are missing out!  It is delicious!  I think I will buy some chocolate chips to throw in with it for the next time I eat it for dessert.


Do you watch the Bachelor?  If so, who is your favorite girl so far?  Mine is Nikki...hometown girl with lots of sass!

Have you tried cookie butter?  Favorite recipes with it?  Or do you just eat it with a spoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment