Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Barre-ing a snowpocalypse, we will make it through the week!

Happy hump day!! Can you believe it is the last week of February??? It seems like just yesterday that we were toasting to 2014. Normally the weather is starting to warm up and winter is fading away...not in KC. We got a dusting of snow last night and a possible storm coming Sunday. I will be running on the good ole treadmill all weekend!


Last night I did a couple of 10 minute videos from Fit Sugar. One was an awesome barre workout (http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Booty-Barre-Workout-33939365)  All you need is a chair. My legs were burning!!! I have been wanting to try a class but they are EXPENSIVE and I am uncoordinated...bad combo! Maybe after a few more at home workouts with it, I will brave a class. 

I followed up with some tabata training and stretching. 

After my quick workout, I cleaned myself up and headed to meet my friend for dinner. 2/$20 entrees on Tuesdays at a local spot with a bonus of J Lohr pinot noir also for $20 = a perfect girls night of catching up!! 

I had the short rib with poblano grits and roasted brussle sprouts. It was delicious!!


We ordered a carrot cake beignet for dessert. Not too sweet and super fluffy!!


What are some of your tricks to keep boredom away while running on the dreadmill??

Have you tried barre workouts/classes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment