Monday, February 24, 2014

Motivations for Monday



Happy Monday.  It is the start of a new week and full of chances to hit training goals and other personal goals.  I have been SLACKING in 2014.  My goal to run 1000 miles this year is not going as planned.  If I run 15 miles this week, I will only be at 100 miles.  I think I have a bad attitude about working out in the cold.  I would rather be home with my fiance and furballs snuggled up on the couch. 

Last week we finally got some warm weather and I felt pretty motivated.  I only need 50 degree days to make me want to go outside and run and play.  Is that too much to ask!?!?  This was definitely how I felt when I weighed myself this morning...


As it turns out, you have to do a little more than a little more work to get spectacular results.  Who knew? :)  The main thing I have noticed is my attitude towards the slacking.  I'm not beating myself up and I'm not freaking out.  I have plenty of time to get in shape for my half marathon in April and more than enough time to be strong and lean for my wedding and I can still reach my goal of 1000 miles this year.  I think I am finally learning balance!!

Does anyone else go through periods of being burned out from work, exercise, anything really?

How do you get out of a running/exercise funk? 

How are your 2014 goals coming along?  On track? 

No comments:

Post a Comment