Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekend Wrapup

We took our engagements pics. As soon as we have some, I'll post one or two. It was so fun!! Porter had a blast too. He is definitely not a model, but he loves playing in the snow!

Then we had some friends over for dinner. I made a Chinese style chicken and rice. I think I'll call it TJs chicken since the sauce is made of mostly ingredients from trader joes...aka one of my favorite stores!!

Sauce/marinade:
1/2 cup stir fry sauce
1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce
1/4 cup sriracha
1/4 cup honey (I use local honey because it is so good for you)
Garlic to taste

I poured the sauce over about 2 pounds of chicken, 1 onion, and 3 small bell peppers and let it marinade for about an hour. Then I cooked it all together in a skillet. Served over brown rice. It turned out delicious!! 

We drank lots of wine and watched the Olympics too. 

This morning we registered a Sur la Table. They cook you breakfast and let you register before the store opens. It was so relaxing and fantastic! Waffles and cappuccino...what a way to start a Sunday! 


We followed up registering with a birthday celebration for Bobby's cousin. She lives in Wisconsin so we love to get  together when she is in town. Bonus-they have a huge family so it is quite a get together!! 


What is you favorite birthday cake flavor? 

Breakfast-sweet or savory? I prefer savory, but the waffles were a nice treat this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment