Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Backyard Workout

I admit that over the 4th of July weekend, my workouts were definitely a little lacking.  Monday, I decided to do a backyard workout.  I did some sprints around with the pup and lots of drills, plyometrics, and some strength moves as well.  It was very disorganized and all over the place.  I'm sure my neighbors think I'm a crazy person!!  I decided to compose a backyard workout that is repeatable and can be done by others since it is not just in my head and doing what I feel like...so I give you-The Backyard Workout-no equipment required.


My workout partner lasted for about 4 sprints down and back before laying in the grass and watching the rest.  Usually the pup is very helpful and loves to lick my face during pushups and run under my feet during plyo stuff.  The heat and excitement wore him out quick!!  I took a pic from his point of view instead of giving you guys yet another puppy picture.


Tuesday night is usually barre night, but my workout girls couldn't make it.  I decided to skip too and just went for a run.  The weather was nice (low 80's with low humidity), so I had to take advantage.  Sweaty Selfie!!


For all you runners out there...here is a fun article about the Weirdest Thing Runners Do.  This one is my fave:

2. Our hobby isn’t as “fun” as others. Getting up at 4am to run over 26 miles for fun this weekend was a CHOICE! This is what I do for fun! Why my non-running friends don’t get this is beyond me.
My response: Oh, you’re in a kickball league? Neat.

What do you think is the weirdest thing runners do?  For me it is definitely getting up before dawn to go run-just for fun...oh and paying to do it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment