So let's get to it...
1. What am I working on? This is a tough one. At any given time, I have a list of about 5-10 topics that I would like to cover. I keep them in the notebook app on my phone and swirl ideas around my head until I feel like I can sit down and compose something worth while.
I also try to work on the design of my blog. Adding in fun and helpful links, contact forms, etc. I read up on ways to improve the blog design and material. It is definitely a work in progress!!
2. How does my work differ from others of its type/genre? I'm not sure exactly what genre my blog falls into. When I first started, I wanted it to be a healthy living blog-with lots of recipes, workouts, and talks about weight and health issues. I think it has evolved more into a living blog with a slight focus on health. I still share workouts, recipes, and talk about health issues, but I want to share about all aspects of my life and be honest and real. Sometimes health and fitness take a back burner to fun and other activities. That is just life...and I like sharing almost all of mine with you guys!!
3. Why do I write what I do? I would love to say that I have some grand plan or noble reason for writing what I do, but that would be fake and a lie. I really enjoy writing this blog. It is a fun hobby and lets me "meet" other like minded and positive people. Also, I use it as a tool to keep me accountable and to help others too. Finding balance is something that can be a struggle and I want people to know that you don't have to run millions of miles and keep a perfect diet to be healthy and happy. I hope that I am a good example of that!
4. How does your writing process work?
Step 1-Think of an idea?
Step 2-Would I like to read about this topic? Do I actually know anything about this topic? Can I put together a coherent post about this topic? If the answer is yes to these 3 questions, then I proceed to Step 3.
Step 3-Sit down at my computer or phone if the mood strikes me and I want to start writing right away.
Step 4-Start writing.
Step 5-Proof read to make sure I don't sound silly and that it makes sense...sometimes I fail at this step...Sorry readers!!!
The end of my writing process.
5. Continue the tour-check out these blogs and look out for their upcoming writing process tour posts as well. I promise, you won't be disappointed! These girls are hilarious, inspirational, and offer a fun and fresh point of view!!
1. Stephanie @ My Freckled Life
2. Nikki @ Will Run for Pizza
3. Marnie @ Super Smart Mama
I hope you will check out the blogs mentioned in this post. I really love the blogging community and it is so great to discover positive blogs and see how other people write.