Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Favorites

Hi all...happy Friday! The week after a holiday weekend always seems to drag for some reason. I'm happy for the weekend!!  Thank you Heather, Katie, and Clare for hosting Friday linkups!! Be sure to check out their blogs and the other links to see what people are up to this Friday.


 
Favorite Eats:
Delicious salads for lunches are still a mainstay in my house.  Also, this happened yesterday for lunch-Pineapple and brown sugar brat w/avocado and sriracha.  It was delicious and I have no idea why I haven't tried it before!!!  I have been missing out!!


Favorite pups:
I'm picking up one of my favorite pups for a puppy slumber party weekend.  His owner is headed out of town, so we are keeping him for the weekend.  It also happens to be his 9th birthday weekend!!  I think that means we have to have a little celebration!!  Porter will be so happy to have a friend to play with all weekend since the cat still refuses to play with him. 


Favorite outfit that I have been living in:
I have been loving my new Target C9 workout clothes!!  This outfit is my favorite to lounge around, run errands, and even go to low key happy hour on a patio with friends after barre class.

 
Favorite Read this week:
I found this article on Yahoo! Shine titled "Fat Woman Wears Bikini, World Doesn't End".  I decided to check it out.  
Jenny Trout in her bikini. Photo: Bronwyn Green
It is a great read with my favorite quote being this: "I’m just not as shy now about my body. I wore my bikini and nothing happened, so my weight must be a bigger thing in my mind than it is in reality.”  Jenny Trout is a blogger and novelist whose honest and powerful essay is garnering quite a bit of attention and opening up a great discussion.  Trout goes on to say: “The reason these people do not want to see a fat body in a bikini is because traditionally, that garment is something a woman earns by proving herself attractive enough to exist. If fat women begin wearing them without shame or fear, what's next? Will they have self-esteem? Will they demand respect? Then what will keep them in their proper place? How would conventionally attractive people judge them?"  While I think that is a bit far, I do understand the point.  People should be able to wear whatever makes them happy and feel great-WITHOUT fear of being judged and shamed.  Good for this girl and for the record, I think she looks adorable!!

Favorite Workout:
This backyard workout was really fun and something different!!
 

What are some of your favorites this week?
Does anyone else go out in workout clothes?  I would only wear workout clothes if I could!!

2 comments:

  1. Some of my favorites from the past week was the making waves cardio workout from Tone It Up - it really energized me while traveling! And I LOVE going out in workout clothes. The funny thing is my fiance encourages it! It's so much more comfortable, and there are so many cute workout outfits that we can still look chic! I love your C9 gear by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lunch combo sounds interesting, and so yummy! Aw, hope you had fun babysitting the pup. That's the best :) Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete