Thursday, July 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday-4th of July Style

Each year for the 4th of July, I head out to my good friend's childhood home on Lake Tapawingo.  I really small lake in a suburb east of Kansas City.  Since 2007, I have only missed one year and that was only because I was out of the country.  :)  The lake is the perfect mix of party and relaxation.  Since it is so small, there is no party cove or tying pontoons together.  Don't get me wrong, that is really fun too...this is just a more chill lake. 

We spend lots of time floating in the water and teaching our pets to swim...



Sitting on the dock and jumping off the dock...



Catching up and drinking on the deck...



Playing games-washers, dice, etc...


Playing with fireworks...




Having an all around good time and celebrating America in the process! :)




Do you have any 4th of July traditions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment