Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Weekend Wrapup

Better late than never...we can call it Weekend Wednesday. :)  It was so busy and full of fun. 

Friday night, Bobby and I hosted a birthday party for my future brother in law (his sister's hubby).  We share a lot of the same friends, so we invited everyone over to see our new place and celebrate his birthday.  Grilled deliciousness, beers, and great conversation.

Grainy girl pic...plus one guy crashed...

Saturday morning consisted of a sweaty 4 mile run and some errands.  We prepped for my parents arrival and patiently waited for them to get here.  They arrived with gifts from my recently engaged brother and future sister in law.  She is so cute and crafty!!

We can't wait to be in their wedding...in December!
Andrea and Billy (fiance's sister and her hubby-yes, same ones from party) came over to help welcome my parents.  We cleaned up and headed out to Drunken Fish for some yummy sushi!! 

Cheers!

Can't beat sushi!

Shrimp fried rice...gluten free option for Andrea

Then we grabbed some gelato for dessert.

Aren't they cute?!?!?
 The WWI Museum was doing a special event for the 100th anniversary of WWI.  They played TAPS at sunset every night in June.  My dad is a huge history buff, so I knew he would love it!


After TAPS, we checked out the great views of downtown. 



Sunday, we went to church and then the boys went golfing.  My mom and I started in on a house project.  Here is the entertainment center before:

After-this is Florance from Annie Sloan paint.  If you haven't heard of the chalk paint, it is so easy to use.  No sanding or priming needed.  You just paint.  You can distress it and put on different waxes to change the look and texture.  I just put on 2 coats and clear wax.

Sunday night, Bobby and I cooked ribs and pork tenderloin for the family.  My parents, his parents, his grandparents, Andrea and Billy and us...10 people for dinner.  It was really fun to have everyone together!!



I took Monday off to spend a little more time with my parents.  We went to the wedding venue.  It was so great to plan out the room for the ceremony and reception.  I feel like everything is coming together...which is good because we are 4 months out.  :)

What is your go to meal for large groups?

No comments:

Post a Comment