Thursday, August 7, 2014

Raspberry Vodka Mojitos and Pork Carnitas Tacos

Wednesday night was the last off week from volleyball for awhile. I invited 2 of my friends over for puppy play time and dinner. It was pouring rain, so we left the dogs inside (after they tracked mud everywhere) while we enjoyed the cooler weather.



I used this recipe to make a raspberry martini mojito-an excuse to use my fresh mint!!   ***photo also from creative-culinary...I was too busy drinking mine!!


I also made pork carnitas tacos. Super easy crock pot recipe that feeds a lot of people and tastes amazing!!  
 
Here is my recipe:
2 lb pork loin
Several adobo peppers
2 tablespoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion
Any other seasoning you want to throw in.  I added some 21 Seasoning from Trader Joes. 
1/2-3/4 of a beer

Put all ingredients in a crock pot on highly for 4-5 hours. Shred and serve. I served with black beans, sour cream, salsa and cheese on corn tortillas. 

What is your go to meal to feed friends?

What is the last new cocktail recipe you made? The raspberry martini mojito was great! So much flavor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment