Stephanie over at My Freckled Life recently nominated me for the Liebster award. "Liebster" is dearest in German and this award is from blogger to blogger. The point is to nominate smaller blogs (some sources say less than 200 followers and some say less than 3000-pretty big range!!) to help people discover new and fun blogs. Such a fun idea right??
Here are her 10 questions with my answers...
1. What is your “last day on earth” meal? This is tough, but I would choose a perfectly cooked filet, lobster mac and cheese and roasted brussels sprouts (with bacon of course). Simple and delicious!
2. What is your favorite thing about the town/city you live in? My favorite thing about Kansas City is that there is so much to do and it has the big city activities, but with a small town feel. You can really tell right now too. The Royals are doing well and it feels like we are one community of blue!
3. What is your proudest accomplishment? This is a tough one. Graduating college, moving 600 miles away from my friends and family and building a great life (and still super close to those friends and family that are far away), running the NYC marathon in 2008, and soon-getting married...too close to pick just one!
4. Most hated food item – one that you literally would rather starve than eat? I don't think there is anything that I would rather starve than eat. I'm pretty open. I don't like olives or green beans, but I try them every once in a while just to make sure. :)
5. What is your favorite way to treat or pamper yourself? Manicures are my favorite way to pamper myself! I think my hands just look better when my nails are painted.
6. Favorite movie(s) of all time? Mary Poppins (I watched it with my dad a lot as a kid), Steel Magnolias (because it is so good!!), and Bridesmaids (because it is an awesome and hilarious chick movie).
7. Favorite thing about blogging? I really like being inspired by all of the other bloggers. It is a great community that uplifts and supports each other!
8. What is your least favorite exercise move or activity? BURPEES-they are the worst, but I still try to work them into routines because they are so good for you.
9. Favorite season? Fall is my favorite season. Warm beverages, cool weather that is perfect for running, and football...oh and fall tv too. What's not to like?!?!
10. You’re stuck on a desert island – what 3 non-electronic things do you bring? Mascara, a friend to talk to and help me not starve!, and a fire starter. People on that Naked and Afraid show always do better when they have a fire starter.
Now it is my turn! My 10 questions are:
1. What is your all time favorite race or sporting event in which you participated?
2. What food reminds you of home?
3. Favorite childhood memory?
4. Favorite sport/sports team?
5. How did you become a blogger?
6. Favorite place to travel?
7. What is your favorite food/dish/meal to cook?
8. Favorite song?
9. Do you have fur kids? If so, how many and what kind?
10. What is one item that you always have with you?
I nominate the following bloggers to answer the questions above and if you choose, keep the link love alive by nominating some of your favorite blogs.
Marnie @ Super Smart Mama
Katie @ From Ice Cream to Marathon
Heather @ What the Heck, Why Not?
Nikki @ Will Run For Pizza
Now, your turn...pick one, two, ten questions and answer in the comments. :)