Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Recap 10/20

It's my wedding week!!  I am only working for 2 days this week and then it is wedding mode all day every day until Saturday.  This is a weekend recap post, so I will get to recapping.  This past weekend was very fun and jam packed. 


I listened in on quite a few sessions of a virtual wellness summit over the weekend called the Blog Well Summit.  There were interviews, education sessions, blog reviews, and more offered throughout the weekend.  The best part was that I could watch the sessions when I had spare time.  The summit was free over the weekend, but you can own all of the sessions for $99 through the end of the conference (October 20 at 9am PT /12pm ET) and then $145 anytime after.  I plan to share some of what I learned at the summit with you guys later this week.  I found the sessions very helpful and informative!


Bobby and I went to dinner at 801 Fish on Friday night.  Not exactly carb loading, but it was a really great date night.  The restaurant specializes in oysters and fish (duh!), so that is what we ate.  And of course there was wine!!  I had grouper with rainbow chard and sweet potato puree.  Delicious!  It is hard to find fresh fish in the midwest, but the fish here is flown in fresh. We will definitely be back!


I ran the Kansas City Half Marathon on Saturday morning-full recap to come...let's just say it is titled "5 Ways to Fail at Half Marathon-ing".  Doesn't Porter look handsome in my medal?  He really wanted to wear it when I got home, so I let him.

 

After the race, I met a couple of friends for brunch.  Bloody Marys and omelets are the perfect post race treat!!


Bobby and I spent the rest of the day running errands for the wedding.  Then we were spoiled with a great dinner at our friend's place.  We planned to go to the apple orchard and corn maze that evening, but we were all too tired to make it out.  Instead we stayed at their house and drank wine and chatted all night.  It was a great way to end such a busy day!

We woke up Sunday morning and headed to church.  Then we spent the day with Bobby's parents.  I whipped up salmon cakes, cheddar and broccoli rice and peas for dinner.  It was a very exciting dinner because we got to use our new dishes.  Thank goodness that the little things make me smile! :)


What is your favorite post race treat?

Bloody Mary's or Mimosas? I really like both!  It just depends on the restaurant...and my mood.

4 comments:

  1. That bloody looks great! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beer Kitchen. They have a great brunch menu!! You definitely should check it out if you haven't tried it.

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to listen to those conferences this past weekend, but my weekend was just too busy...can't wait to hear you share some stuff though! YAAAAAY wedding week! Enjoy the week of prepping, but don't rush it or stress! Can't wait to hear about your race too! Good job Porter! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a weekend! A half marathon? A blog conference? And you made dinner for the in laws? All this before your BIG week. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete