Monday, January 5, 2015

Weekend Recap and a Cleaning Plan

This weekend was a wonderfully relaxing weekend.  Friday night Bobby and I stayed in and watch The Great Gatsby and Wolf of Wall Street...hello Leo DiCaprio movie marathon!!  It was great to stay in and relax.  It also set me up to be motivated to actually get out and run in the cold on Saturday morning.  I only ran 3 miles with the pup, but it felt great to get outside and run.  I even got to wear my new headband that I got for Christmas.


We didn't stay for breakfast on New Year's morning, so everyone had a do over on Saturday morning.  A few delicious bloody mary's and some great conversation was a nice start to my Saturday afternoon.


I headed home for some errands and crafting.  I found this idea on Pinterest and decided to make this wreath alternative.


We tried a new wine and went out for sushi on Saturday evening.  The sushi was great, but the wine was just okay.  Definitely not one to purchase again!


I caught up on Bloglovin (follow me! :)) and came across a post that I missed on Julie's blog.  It is an idea for organizational calendars.  I decided to put together a daily cleaning plan for things that I don't do every day (like cleaning up dishes and picking up the house).  This way I can stay on top of chores and cut down on big cleaning days.  I planned out January and February to see what works and what doesn't.  Feel free to tailor the plan to your needs, but here is an example of my plan for January.


Do you clean daily or do you do it all at once?  I usually clean once a week, but I'm hoping this will help me to get organized this year!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea for a cleaning calendar! I'm good about doing the basic stuff, but I tend to put off some of the bigger cleaning/organizing until a "free weekend" (which we totally NEVER have). This is a great way to knock smaller things off the list throughout the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it has helped me check off things that I NEVER do!

      Delete
  2. I think it's great that you love crafting. And I love seeing your crafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many crafts that I want to try! Darn Pinterest!!

      Delete
  3. I try to clean a little at a time and leave the big cleaning for the weekends!! It helps so much. We are all about trying new wines here too...we are doing it by countries which I am finding there are many!! Will stay away from that one!

    ReplyDelete