Thursday, November 7, 2013

Treadmill Love Hate

I ran on the treadmill yesterday for the first time in months. I always under estimate how hard it is to switch from the beautiful trail scenery to the boring treadmill. My winter training plan called for 4 miles at an 8 minute pace. I barely made it and it made me huff and puff a lot more than expected. After I finished, I felt pretty proud of myself for making it through. The goal for winter is to work on speed and strength.  My goal for 2014 is a 1:45 half marathon.  So far, my fastest has been 1:53.  It was a good workout before indoor volleyball with my women's team.



Sweaty, but made it and still smiling! 


4 in 8 minute/mile pace...first steps to getting faster!
 Today I am thankful for a place called the Blue Moose.  They have $2 bottled beer every Thursday evening.  A group of about 5-10 friends and I meet there every week for happy hour to catch up on each others lives and chat over a few drinks.  It is a great place to unwind with a fun atmosphere and of course cheap drinks!!


Happy Thursday everyone!!  Do you have a standing date with friends?  Happy hour?  Soda dates?  My grandma and her friends go to Sonic for Route 44 drinks every Sunday afternoon.  I think it is so cute that she still has close girlfriends to hang out with!  I hope I am so lucky when I am her age!!

No comments:

Post a Comment