Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day to everyone who is serving or has served our country. Without you, we would not have the freedoms and awesomeness that the USA has to offer!!  Obviously for day 11 of thanks, I am choosing our armed forces.  Both of my grandfathers served and several uncles and other relatives.  I don't think any of us can thank them enough, but I am glad that today is spent recognizing the efforts past, present and future!!


I am a Texas girl and Cowboys fan, so last night I put on my oversized Cowboys sweatshirt and settled in to watch the game.  The Cowboys played TERRIBLE...complete fail!!  I mentioned yesterday that I was making a loaded potato buffalo chicken casserole-well that turned out delicious...and was the high point of the night.  I didn't get any good pics so I am borrowing one from the recipe page (http://www.food.com/recipe/loaded-potato-and-buffalo-chicken-casserole-493413).  I halved the recipe and skinnied it up a little by soaking the potatoes before to get some of the starch out, using 1 tablespoon of oil for the whole recipe, less bacon, and 2% cheese.  It still tasted amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment