Monday, December 9, 2013

Oh My Chai is a good compliment to Elf!

After a long day of shopping on Saturday, we decided to skip the second holiday party of the weekend. It was really cold, so we stayed in. We got an adorable surprise in the mail.  A friend of mine from Dallas just got married so I received her thank you card for the gift we sent.  It was addressed to the
"future Breon Family".  Awe!!


I had an open bottle of Apothic Dark to finish, so I wasn't complaining that we decided to stay in. If you haven't tried Apothic's new wine, I highly recommend it. It was not at all what I expected. Fruity and complex without being too sweet. After we finished that bottle, we opened the bottle we were going to take to the party. It was a pretty good pinot noir. I would buy it again.


I offered the cat some wine, but he didn't seem interested.  So we settled in for my FAVORITE Christmas movie...ELF!!!! 
  
My cheeks are red from being in the cold all day!

Sniffed and looked at it, but not interested...maybe more of a beer cat.  His name is Stout after all!
Porter was not interested in the movie so he kept showing everyone his new ball which I found for him in the Target dollar bins.  Aka...my favorite part of Target where I could spend hours playing!  He pretty much destroyed the ball in a few hours, but it was worth the dollar to see how happy it made him!



The closest thing to being friends so far! 
Don't get me wrong, I love wine, but it is more of an everyday drink.  Since we were watching Christmas movies, we corked the wine and opted for a more festive drink.  We discovered some whipped cream vodka sitting in the liquor cabinet and determined that this would go perfectly with Oh My Chai from Tastefully Simple  (tastefullysimple.com).  It is a sweet version of chai tea-the description from the website says it best...an indulgent blend of black tea, cinnamon, and spices.  I do half 2% milk and half water when I mix mine so it is not too thick.  I must say this warm cocktail was the perfect accompaniment to Elf!


Yummo!


I love this mug from Starbucks-adorable and keeps drinks warm!!
I managed to create my Christmas card for the year.  Since we will be sending out save the dates in a few months and I am super lazy, I did an online card this year and posted it to Facebook.  I think it turned out kinda cute!



What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie?
Do you have a warm drink/cocktail that you make?
Did you send Christmas cards out this year?

Happy Monday to everyone!  I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment