Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wine Tasting and TJ's Bacon Wrapped Scallops

So I am a terrible blogger! I went to wine tasting last night with 5 other girls and didn't take a single picture!! The guy hosting the tasting talked the whole time, so I didn't get a chance. All of the wines were interesting and something new. There was a sparkling malbec which was interesting and a nice change from sweet champagne. Of course my favorite was the most expensive. I didn't love any enough to buy them, but it was still fun to taste wines with friends!

When I got home, I made Trader Joe's Bacon Wrapped Scallops, rice and a salad. The scallops were actually delicious! I would buy them again. It is an easy and quick dinner. You get 5 pieces for only 270 calories too!
When I started this blog, I expected it to be about fun, food, drinks, and fitness.  I have been doing a terrible job on the fitness part.  I have been running 3 half marathons each year for the past few years.  I always burn out after the 3rd one.  This year, that race was October 18th.  Since then, I have been terrible about working out.  I have been running sporadically, playing my normal volleyball games, and doing circuit workouts at home.  Way less than I normally workout.  Last night I ran 4 miles on the treadmill.  I would have gone 5, but my ipod died at 3.75.  Eeekkkk...I don't know about you guys, but I can't run on a treadmill without music.  I have been trying not to beat myself up about it, but I don't want to let laziness become a habit!

Speaking of laziness...check out my adorable fur babies both laying under the tree last night.  The cat was not happy the puppy laid down with him.  lol!


Not the best picture because I was rushing to snap it before they moved.  :)

What is your favorite product from Trader Joes?

Do you run with or without music?  Does it matter if it is inside or outside?  I can run without music on a trail or during a race, but not on a treadmill.

Do you burn out and take breaks from exercise?  Any advice on jumping back in or preventing burn out?1

No comments:

Post a Comment