Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Long Weekends are the BEST!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I was lucky enough to have Martin Luther King Jr. Day off. It was great and needed.

Friday I went to dinner and out with a friend of mine. We tried a new restaurant and the food was fantastic. They made a BLT deviled egg appetizer that was my favorite!  We shared the salmon with quinoa and broccolini and of course ordered dessert.  Chocolate chip cookie skillet.  I would order everything again!  We followed up dinner with drinks and dancing. Definitely more drinks than planned...hence the dancing! :)  I'm a terrible dancer so I need liquid courage to get out there.


Saturday night, Bobby and some of his groomsmen went to try on suits.  People had plans during the day so the appointment was at 7:30.  Since it was night, we decided to throw an impromptu dinner party.  I made carnitas (mexican pulled pork) and chicken tacos with black beans, edamame and roasted corn rice, queso, and peppers and onions.  The food and drinks were good and the company was fantastic.  In fact, I was having so much fun that I forgot to take pics...other than the one of drinks before people got there. 


I didn't feel great this weekend.  Drinking too much and lack of sleep make an immune system suck!  I ended up with a bad cold.  I am recovering now, but definitely no fun.  The cold laid me out so I only managed to run 3.75 miles at an 8 minute pace followed by a puppy walk.  The weather was too nice not to let the poor pup get out.  I feel bad for him in the winter.  He loves to play and run around and it is not an option when it is freezing outside. 

When we walk him, he finds the biggest stick possible to carry around.  It is totally adorable and dangerous all at the same time!


Monday I met some girlfriends at a place called Beer Kitchen.  I had never been to the restaurant, but I had eaten the food because they catered an event.  It did not disappoint.  Great beers and the burger was also delicious!  I would go back.  I love trying new restaurants and having a bonus day off is the perfect opportunity!  My burger was a Kobe Burger.  Here is the description from the menu: heartland creamery goat cheese croquette, shitake mushrooms, red onion jam & white truffled micro-greens on brioche bun.  We also ordered sweet potato fries and parmesan truffle fries to share.  My favorite were the parmesan truffle.  The bacon aoili that accompanied them didn't hurt either!


What did you do this weekend? 

Best burger you have ever eaten?

No comments:

Post a Comment