Friday, February 7, 2014

5 Things Friday #3

Happy Friday!!! You know the drill. Here are my 5 random things this Friday.

#1-The Olympics are underway. Yay! I hope everyone is excited!! I really love the Summer Olympics, but Winter Olympics have their charm too.  Figure skating, the cool ski jumps and down hill racing, stuff you don't often encounter in the Midwest!  http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/photos/top-photos-winter-olympics-22390674

#2-Pampered Chef stuff came in yesterday!  I'm pumped.  I already used my manual food processor for taco soup last night.  It is so easy and wonderful...plus being a hostess meant that I got all of this stuff for $25!  Thanks friends for ordering!!


#3-Boulevard Chocolate Ale came out yesterday.  Bobby went after work to buy some and they were already sold out!  I guess that I'll have to drink it at restaurants instead of buying my own.  If you come across it, you should definitely try the beer.  The last batch that I tried tasted like milk chocolate!!  I hear this year's batch has a more subtle approach to the chocolate taste.  Here is a link to a better review of the beer.  http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/06/4802705/taste-test-boulevard-chocolate.html

#4-My work schedule this week was ridiculous.  I'm very luck to have such a flexible job!  I definitely don't take it for granted!!  Monday-worked from home so I could take Porter to the vet.  Tuesday-worked from home because all of the city was told to stay home because we got a foot of snow.  Wednesday-me and one other person from my department made it into the office (at 9am) and then left at 3pm.  Thursday-I was not feeling well, but I planned to try to come in.  My boss told me to stay home and work from there.  (one of the many reasons why I love her!)  Friday-finally in the office for a full day!  Too bad Friday's are the least productive day of the week. 


#5-There has been a lot of backlash from the Biggest Loser finale this week.  The girl who won lost 155 pounds and now weighs 105 pounds and is a size zero.  She definitely looks tiny now!  I don't know enough about her to judge her or know if she did things the right way or the wrong way.  I have heard/read about contestants on BL that gain all of the weight back.  The goal of the show is to win $250,000 for losing the most weight.  It seems to me that she did just that.  Now she can focus on finding a happy medium!  I hope she enlists a trainer and psychologist to help her. http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=851048&GT1=28103

What are your thoughts on the Biggest Loser finale?  Did she take it too far?

What are 5 random thoughts from you this Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment