Monday, February 3, 2014

Football, Food and Puppy Commercials

Football:  Let's face it...this year the Super Bowl really was all about the commercials and food. The football game was terrible!!! I can't believe the blow out! Since I went to Seattle this year and attended a game, I was totally a band wagon fan. Go Hawks! :)


Food: I made Bacon and Green Chile Pinwheels.  A modification of a recipe that I found on Pinterest.  1 package of bacon-cooked in the oven, chopped up and mixed with 4 oz of herb cream cheese and a small can of diced green chiles.  I took a package of garlic crescent rolls and pressed it together to make a sheet.  Then filled it and rolled it length wise.  I started to cut it and had trouble, so I put the roll in the freezer for 10 minutes to make it easier to cut.  It helped.  I cut it into 1 inch wide pieces and baked it at 375 for 20 minutes.  They were delicious, but not pretty...so I didn't take a picture. 

I did take a picture of a delicious creation that my friend made.  She marinates water chestnuts in a teryaki sauce and then wraps them in bacon and covers them with brown sugar.  Amazing!!  I'm still waiting on the recipe to make them.


Puppy commercials:  If you missed the Budweiser commercial with the puppy and the horse, you must check it out.  It was by far the cutest commercial. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4&gclid=CIej8YuhsLwCFSzNOgod9ycAAA

What was your favorite food from Super Bowl Sunday?  Did you try a new recipe?

What was your favorite commercial?

No comments:

Post a Comment