Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super weekend!!

Saturday consisted of a late start because of the sheet of ice covering Kansas City. We hit the gym to work on our fitness. Bobby lifted while I ran my 6 mile training run. 10 weeks to my first half marathon on 2014. I'm hoping for a new PR!

Post run we hit the tanning salon so we are not pasty white for our engagement shoot. We both got a little burned. Whoopsy!

We got home just in time to watch the KU Texas game in Austin. We are a house divided...so it made for a fun day. Especially since my team won. Hook em horns!!! Bobby was not happy!


Porter was very helpful. He has been couped up inside for too long. He kept giving me sad eyes..."mom, I want to play!!"


We ended the day by heading to a friends house to watch the Duke Syracuse game. I made some zucchini chips for a appetizer. Ellie Krieger has a good recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/zucchini-parmesan-crisps-recipe.html#!

I made the mistake of putting them in a container with a lid right away. They ended up a little soggy after steaming on the drive over. Lesson learned!! 


I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

Do you follow college basketball? Who is your team?

What are you doing for the Super Bowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment