Wednesday, March 5, 2014

#100HappyDays


Do you think you can find something to be happy about for 100 days in a row?  I found a website/challenge (100happydays.com). It is really simple...every day submit a picture of what made you happy!  It can be anything from a meet-up with a friend to a very tasty cake in the nearby coffee place, from a feeling of being at home after a hard day to a favor you did for a stranger.

So first you register for the challenge here; then choose your favorite platform for submitting pictures. You can decide yourself on the privacy of your participation & happy moments:


•Share your picture via facebook, twitter or instagram with a public hashtag #100happydays;

•Come up with your own hashtag to share your pictures with to limit publicity.

•Simply send your pictures to myhappyday (at) 100happydays.com to avoid any publicity.

The goal is to be more thankful and aware of the things in your life that make you happy.  My goal for the year is to be more positive and finding something in every day that makes you happy is a great addition to this goal.  Per the website-71% of people don't finish the challenge because they are too busy.  I don't want to become too busy to notice the things in my life that make me happy. 

One thing that the website notes and I totally agree with is this: 
It is not a happiness competition or a showing off contest. If you try to please / make others jealous via your pictures - you lose without even starting. 

I have a feeling a lot of mine will be of a certain fiance and puppy, but it will be fun to look back on to see what random things make me and other people happy! :)

Day 1 of 100 Days of Happiness:
This pup likes to stick his head in the shower when I am showering and drink the shower water and get splashed in the face.  It makes me smile every time!!


Will you accept the challenge?

What is something in your day today that made you happy?

I almost forgot that it is Ash Wednesday which means the start of Lent.  Will you give anything up?  I have given up things in the past like red meat, chocolate, soda, etc.  This year, I am going to give up negative body image/beating myself up for taking some rest/easy workout time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment