Thursday, March 6, 2014

Oil Pulling...

I have been reading all about benefits of coconut oil, so I bought some on my last outing to Trader Joes. My intention was to use it on my hair as a moisturizing mask. I have heard good things!!  Trying new things makes me happy!!


Day #2 #100HappyDays

Oil Pulling has become the new hot trend for 2014.  I saw some things about it on Pinterest and found this article.  There are tons of positive articles online about oil pulling, so I decided to try it out.  It seems simple enough.  Put some coconut (or other) oil in your mouth and swish it around for 20 minutes.  Yes, you read that right 20 minutes!!!! 


I'm not going to lie, 20 minutes is a long time.  You will want to find something to occupy your time.  The first time I tried, I decided to start the oil pulling and jump in the shower to get ready for the day.  Last night, Bobby and I tried it, so we did it while we watched some Netflix. 


I used too much oil the first time I tried and had to spit some out right away.  Coconut oil starts out as a solid and liquefies in your mouth after about 15 seconds.  Once I got the right amount of oil, swishing is not so bad.  Also, don't spit it out in the sink because it can clog drains.  Cup/trash/etc is where you want to dispose of the toxins after you finish swishing...DO NOT Swallow it!!  Gross!!!!


Porter was very confused by the swishing and talking with hand gestures instead of words. 


I read that oil pulling whitens teeth, helps with inflammation and general mouth issues, and even allergies and other body toxins.  I took a before picture of my teeth.  I'm going to try it every day for a week and see if there is a difference.


Have you tried oil pulling?

What is the latest beauty trend that you tried?


No comments:

Post a Comment