Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!!

We went to Bobby's good friends' house for dinner. We enjoyed some delicious Mexican food and their 5 year old daughter showed me all of her princess dresses and put on a karaoke show. We also tried out a new wine. It's rated 92 (I'm totally a rating whore)!!! Knowing me it was under $15 too. I'll definitely buy it again. 


Saturday we hit the gym in the morning. I ran 7 miles on the treadmill. I would have done more but I can't go over the hour mark on the ole mill. I even stopped my walking cool down at 59:59. 

Then we went to a tiny training hill for snow boarding and skiing. They have a tubing area there as well. Some of our friends planned to take their kids, so naturally we invited ourselves along. It was so fun!!! The lanes were pretty much just ice...which means you go fast and hit your tail bone hard on the bumps. The girls lasted an hour and then went in for some adult beverages while the big and little boys kept going. 


We went to dinner a sushi dinner with 2 other couples and had so much fun that I forgot to take pictures!! Bad blogger!!!

Today has been spent cleaning, running errands, and relaxing. I love Sundays like today. 

I made salmon patties and a salad for lunch. The salad was a Dole Chopped Salad with kale and other yummy goodness. 


The salmon patties are so easy now. I made it all in my manual food processor from Pampered Chef. 
Ingredients:
2 small cans of boneless skinless salmon
1 egg
1/2 of an onion finely chopped
1/2 of a red bell pepper finely chopped
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
Salt and pepper

Mix everything together and form 6 patties (about 93 calories each). Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, flip over and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve with hot sauce, lemon wedges, and anything else you think might be yummy. I made a low fat sour cream and ranch dip to accompany ours. 


Made for a filling and delicious lunch. 

What did you do this weekend?

Can you do long runs on a treadmill?

What is your favorite sushi roll? 

No comments:

Post a Comment