Sunday, May 18, 2014

Race Recap

I was up bright and early on Saturday morning to represent my company in the corporate challenge half marathon. I didn't know what to expect going in. I haven't run a ton since my last half in order to give my ankle a break. The course is a tough one-out and back with some hills.



It ended up being perfect weather!! We started in the 40s and warmed up to 50s while we ran. I felt great and around mile 8, I realized that I was making great time. If I pushed, I could PR!!

We all know that this is a great moment in any race. I pushed to the end with a super fast last 1.1 and a new PR!!  1:50:35


Just when I think I am going to stick to short distances and cross training, running sucks me back in!!

Now to get in the 1:40's!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Full weekend recap to come. :)

2 comments: