Thursday, May 8, 2014

TBT-Missing the Beach

Happy Throwback Thursday.  It's almost the weekend!!!  I have been missing the beach, so I am throwing it back to 2010 and a family vacation to Playa del Carmen.  TBT in pics!

View from the balcony in the room.  I just love sitting out and enjoying the waves.


Family photo!  All dressed up and ready to hit the town.

Tequila shots are a must in Mexico!!!

Who doesn't love a swing as your seat at the bar?!?!

Fire show on the beach.  It was a great surprise!

My adorable parents!!

Mexican horse show.  It was interesting and sad at the same time.  Poor horses!!


I love wine no matter where I go!

Dinner with the friends we made at the hotel.
This was such a fun trip.  We made friends with a lot of people at the resort and spent a lot of time in town and together.  This was when we fell in love with Playa del Carmen and the small resort Sunset Fisherman.  I love family vacations!!!

What is your favorite vacation spot?  Mine is anywhere with sun and sand!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a really enjoyable trip. I enjoy the beach but the mountains are my favorite.... North Carolina mountains every single day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to North Carolina...it is definitely on my US Bucket List though!!

      Delete
  2. I love family trips to San Diego! We aren't going this year, but I'm already looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh, San Diego sounds fun too! Not too hot and not too cold. What a wonderful family vacation spot.

      Delete
  3. Oooh Playa del Carmen. I haven't been there in... 15 years?! I like Hawaii, but it's a bit far now that we live in Denver. I agree with Mari. San Diego is such a great city to vacation in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet playa hasn't changed in the 15 years. I love the small town feel and fun vibe!

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute idea for Throwback Thursday :) I agree with you - anywhere with sun and sand is my favorite vacation. I am also partial to Disney :) but I can't wait to go somewhere tropical again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy your Disney posts! I haven't been since I was a kid. I def need to go!!

      Delete
  5. The beach all the way!! Although I love the mountains too...My PERFECT scenario: the beach right below the mountains... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds perfect. Hiking and then laying on the beach with a cocktail!! :)

      Delete