Wednesday, August 20, 2014

All by myself

So I finally did it.  I went to a fitness class all by myself!!  The past few classes that I have attended have all been with friends.  Guess what-I survived and probably worked harder.  It is nice to have friends so you are comfortable and can laugh at yourself, but it is also nice to not have any distractions. 

Top 5 Reasons to LOVE barre/bar method/whatever other name the ballet type fitness class is being called. 


#1-Low Impact It is a lower intensity workout in that you don't put a lot of strain on your joints.  It is very intense in the shaking of your muscles as you go though!!!  You burn out a muscle and immediately follow with a stretch, so you never really get your heart rate up.

#2-Full Body Toning The hour long class works every muscle group.  You start with arms/upper body, followed by lower body.  My legs will shake like crazy during the thigh work.  I always feel the burn!  The ab work is also really good.  I think I have found new abs that I didn't know existed!  The intensity of the exercises without the stress help to tone the muscles efficiently. 

#3-Increased Flexibility I have noticed a difference in my flexibility already.  I can barely touch my toes, but as the class progresses I get more flexible.  The classes also incorporate some yoga moves as well.  It is nice to have a stretch after working each muscle group to let you clear your mind and relax before the next set of exercises.  I can even (kinda) do this move...it's called The Pretzel and takes a little getting used to.

Source

#4-You don't have to pump yourself up for class.  I feel like a lot of fitness classes require you to be pumped up and high energy to attend.  I'm not going to lie, after a long day of work it is hard for me to get to that mindset.  I like being able to go in with a relaxed and ready to work attitude.  I think of it as my time to focus and clear my mind.

#5-The instructors are welcoming and well trained.  They Bar Method trains it's instructors to deliver consistent classes.  Each teacher learns each students name and will correct form vocally and with hands on adjustments.  The teachers also call out positive reinforcement by name as well.  It helps to motivate and keep focus!  "Bar Method teachers learn and are tested on anatomy and physiology, which enables them to give their students individualized hands-on adjustment throughout class. Students gain knowledge of body-alignment & improve their ability to safely target difficult-to-reach muscles safely."

One day, I hope to be graceful and flexible!  This is a good start!!

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/rottenecard_9599621_6ym8yg7kj9.png
Source
 What is your favorite fitness class?

No comments:

Post a Comment