Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Treat Yourself Tuesday #36

Happy Tuesday (and one of my favorite posts of the week), let's get down to Treat Yourself Tuesday!!  If you haven't heard of it, head over to Becky's blog for why it is important to treat yourself and to check out everyone's links too.

 

So how have I treated myself this week?  
Let's start with a new Peek-Peek puts your website to the test with a real user.  The person goes through your website and points out things that work and don't work.  It is fun to see what someone thinks and experiences...plus, they are supposed to be brutally honest (and constructive).  I find it helpful and I usually take some of the suggestions offered.  Like the fonts and new about me section that I cleaned it up and updated the info. :)

After growing my hair out for the wedding, I desperately needed a haircut!!  As soon as I got back from Puerto Rico, I scheduled an appointment.  My stylist cut off 7 inches.  My hair hasn't been this short since I was in high school!  I love it...it is so easy and so light.


StitchFix-I got another StitchFix last week.  I ended up keeping a dark pair of Just Black dark denim skinny jeans ($88) and this great tunic from 41Hawthorne.  I love the colors and fun pattern.  I think it is a perfect tunic for fall!


Friday evening was spent on the couch for a home date night.  Porter decided he wanted to participate too.  He is such a wino!  (He's definitely my dog.)  We went for a family run on Sunday morning to wear the pup out before the Chiefs watch party.  Pups and I led the way and Bobby ran right behind us.  It was a great start to the day.


Blogiversary...which I totally missed!!  It was November 4th.  Whoopsy!  Check out my first post here.  It was pretty bad.  I hope that I have improved over the past year!!  It has been so fun to develop, grow and find so many great blogs.  I'm so thankful for those of you who read regularly and comment.  Since I have officially made it one year, I am telling more of my friends and family about the blog.  Hi friends and family! :)  I can't wait to see where Life Begins at 30? goes next. 

Have you treated yourself this week?

What are some of your favorite blogs?  I love finding new ones to add to my reading list.


8 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! Isn't that a great feeling to know that you stuck to something for a whole year? Congrats! And I love a haircut after my hair gets really long -- I have really thick hair and the longer it gets, the heavier it feels, so I can relate to how you felt about getting 7 inches cut off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it has been a whole year. I'm happy with how the blog has developed, but there is so much more that I want to do! Now to find the time. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on one year! I love meeting people through the blogosphere :) And I love your hair! It's a super cute cut on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a year.

    I got that same tunic from Stitch Fix, and I'm sure as you now know, it is perfect. It looks amazing over jeans, and leggings, it is super flattering, and the color is great. So glad to see others with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great! Love the tunic from your Stitch Fix too. I just got my first fix this week... so much fun!

    ReplyDelete