Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#WIAW and My Cookbook Challenge

Happy Wednesday!  I rarely post on What I Ate Wednesday, but I really wanted to share my clean eats (thank you Christie) and my new Cookbook Challenge with you guys.  I took a picture of everything that I ate on Tuesday to give you a peek into a random day's eats.  Head over to Peas and Crayons to see what others are eating!  Jenn also has some amazing recipes, so if you don't read her blog you definitely should check it out.


So what did I eat Wednesday Tuesday?  I had an apple and peanut butter for breakfast.  I ended up eating it around 9am, so I didn't need a morning snack.

 

Most days I have a salad or soup for lunch.  I had a salad with veggies, avocado, and a little bit of cheese for lunch.  The black beans and plethora of greens filled me up for a couple of hours!


I decided that I was hungry again around 3pm, so I reached for a snack.  Nature Box (referral link) snacks are amazing!!  I dedicated a whole post to my favorite snacks.


I had a pork chop, roasted potatoes, and carrots and broccoli.  Our cast iron grill pan has been a life saver with the cold weather!!


I decided to do a Cookbook Challenge for 2015.  My challenge is to actually make something out of the cookbooks in my kitchen at least twice per month.  


If you are like me, you have a ton of cookbooks in your kitchen collecting dust.  I plan to crack them open and make some fun and new recipes.  It will also make for a fun date night at home!  The Top Chef cookbook has some pretty complicated recipes that sound amazing.  How fun and romantic to tackle a recipe together while having some wine!!

What was your favorite meal yesterday or today?

What is your favorite cookbook?



17 comments:

  1. Love it! My favorite currently is the new ATK cookbook! I recently made their deep dish apple pie and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my copy of the Almond Flour Cookbook from Elana's Pantry. Great grain-free baking recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! My SIL is gluten intolerant, so I will pass this along to her!

      Delete
  3. I have a few cookbooks that have never been opened! You're inspiring me to join you in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally join in! Nothing official...just something fun to spice up dinners in 2015. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! I need to start doing this myself, because I have SO many cookbooks and rarely ever open them (now that I found the amazing blog world - recipes instantly at my fingertips!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm so bad about printing recipes and neglecting my cookbooks! Hence the challenge. I hope you join in on the fun and try out some new recipes. :)

      Delete
  5. Love the cookbook challenge! I switch back and forth between being inspired by cookbooks and pinterest. Time to dust off some cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pinterest...how I love it!! There are so many great recipes on Pinterest and blogs, but I decided to go old school and bust open the cookbooks! I'm glad you are going to dust off your cookbooks too!

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of a cookbook challenge---I have so many that just sit on my shelf and collect dust! My favorite cookbooks are anything written by Ina Garten, the Black Dog 40th Anniversary Cookbook and Feedzone Portables :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Ina Garten! She has some amazing soup recipes that are perfect for the cold weather.

      Delete
  7. Now that's a challenge I can get on board with. I want to start that when I finally get my own place with my *very recent* fiance this Summer. I think it would be a great way for us to both learn meals we enjoy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your engagement!!! Enjoy the moment and planning. It is a very fun time!!

      Delete
  8. What a great challenge! I have about three cooking books and at the beginning I would cook one a week. It lasted about two months but it was pretty neat. My husband was in food heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fave meal so far this week was Monday’s lunch – Zoca taco salad, minus the meat and chips…it was just my usual salad for lunch, but a nice change w/ different lettuce, beans, dressing, and 2 different salsa’s!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pork chops look really good! And I don't really use cookbooks but find post of my recipes on pinterest. It is fun though to cook something out of a real cookbook with nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete