Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend Happenings

Welcome to a new week!  We had another fantastic and relaxing weekend.  Friday night was my first cookbook challenge meal and an at home date night.  I have some handsome dates, if I do say so myself!!  


I made a cast iron skillet steak with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.  It turned out really well, but I totally forgot to take pictures.  


Saturday was a productive day.  We ran a bunch of errands and watched some football.  It was above freezing, so I took the pup out for a walk.  We headed to the park and saw the ducks walking on the pond. 

We had my SIL and BIL over for wine and dinner that night.  I made a cuban pork recipe from Eating Well and of course...more wine.  Do you like how I was hydrating at the same time?


We started our Sunday morning with our devotional.  We received The One Year Love Language Minute devotional book by Gary Chapman as a wedding present.  It only takes a few minutes each day and the advice is so practical.  I highly recommend it!!  Porter even got in on it.  He loves to read!


We headed to a friends house for some bloody marys, delicious chili and cornbread and unfortunately a Cowboys loss. :(  We still had a great time catching up and hanging out with a couple that we don't get to see often enough!


The #NoExcuses Challenge starts today.  


Day #1 is a 30 second plank. Check out this workout from Women's Health.  It is a great way to incorporate plans into your workout.


I hope everyone had a great weekend!  What is one thing you did this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment